September 28, 2007

How to get the Secret Weapon


The first thing you need to understand about plotters are they are like:

car

I knew the number one question would be, "How do I afford a $7,000-$20,000 machine?". I am glad you asked, but first I must give you full disclosure. I got the one pictured below from Global Imaging for $3500 with ink included. It was their showroom model and they we getting a new one in. How did I do this? I built a relationship with them when I purchased the Zund for Fellowship Church. Now I didn't even have $3500 for this so I did the following and this is how you are going to get your plotter.

I told you that plotters are like cars. You can pay for them with cash, finance them, or lease them. I don't expect your church or business to have even $7000 to put down on a printer. I do expect your church to have $300 dollars a month over 3 years though. I also don't expect this to just come out of the Children's budget. The Children's department is not going to be the only one to use it. Why should they be the only one to pay for it. You are not the only one who should care about marketing at your church.

How does Horizon do it? We lease the current machine we have. We have a 3 year deal with a $1 buyout. At the end of 3 years, we will pay that $1 and keep it or trade it in for a new/used one. I told you, they are just like cars. Recently HP had a trade in program that would give you $7000-$10,000 for a trade in. We would be making money at that point but we are not to the point of need for a new one yet. We split the monthly expense between the Children's, Jr. High, Sr. High, Programming, and Publicity. We then split the cost of supplies such as paper and ink by who uses it. That means that I pay for the rolls of paper that I use and Programming pays for the ones that they use. Of course we share if needed but this way you know how much you have actually spent for budget reasons.

You see your first buy in is not your Senior Pastor or the boss at the business. Your first buy in is the other pastors and staff of your church or business. Then as a united front you let the Senior Pastor/boss decide if they want the 42", 60" or 96" machine.

These machines are expensive if you look at it as a cash purchase but they are very manageable if you look at it like a car. Now you don't have the excuse of it cost to much. I will continue this conversation later with the other top questions.

comments

0 Responses to "How to get the Secret Weapon"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates