August 24, 2007

What does your office look like?


What does your office look like? Is it in shambles? Are you proud of it? Right now at this very moment I can't say that I am proud of my office. One because it is in transition and two because I never put my heart and soul into it. I feel bad for the second part, but I am about to change that tomorrow. You see with my new position at the church I get a new office. Really it's because we hired a Spiritual Growth Pastor and he the location of my current office would be better for him, so I get to move. Now I am very excited about this. The biggest reasons are that I get to start from scratch, it is a larger space, and it has outside access that no one else in the office has, not even the Senior Pastor. I am feeling pretty special.

With today's post I thought I would give you a little insight into what my new office is going to look like. Here is the inspiration behind the theme:

Wall Pops

No not the bed, but the wall decorations. This product is called Wall Pops and it is basically removable wall paper. I love the retro feel and the bright colors. It also goes well with the Black, Orange, and White of the Cincinnati Bengals. Just a coincidence, maybe. So I have my theme of black, white, orange, green, and retro. I needed some big statement item for the floor so I bought:

Orange Shag Carpet

Oh yeah, Orange Shag Carpet. Now who doesn't want orange shag in their office?

I also needed some new seating to go into my office. I told you it is pretty large so I went with 2 of these:

Black Leather Chairs

And one of these:

Black Futon

Yes it is a futon and no I don't plan on sleeping that much in my office but it is better to be safe than sorry.

I also picked out a new desk. It looks like this:

Glass and Metal Desk

There is one final piece that I want to tell you about. Besides the whole thing having a theme and color scheme that is fairly creative I wanted something unique. I wanted something I hadn't done before. No I didn't have a Starbucks put in my office but that is a good idea. I wanted something that when you looked at this thing that you made a comment. So I went with this:

Clock no numbers

I went with a clock that has no numbers, no glass, no frame, nothing but hands. The hands are quite large as well. The hour hand is about 20 inches and the minute hand is about 30 inches.

Why?

Why put this much time, effort, and money into an office? Because it matters whether we want it to or not. Because you are not the only one who walks into your office. Because your office says everything about you. Because at the end of the day I would much rather have a cool office that I am proud of than one that I can't think, create, or invite people into.

Are you being a good steward when it comes to your office? If there was a tour of your church would they make a point to stop by your office because of the effort that you put in or would that make an effort to avoid your office because your don't try to make it a place worth a tour?

So when I am done with my office I will post some pictures and you can tell me what you think. I hope that it is so inviting that if you are in Cincinnati, OH that you will stop by.

comments

1 Response to "What does your office look like?"
  1. Anonymous said...
    November 2, 2008 at 12:41 AM

    where did you find your clock?

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates